Saturday, July 24, 2010

Something new comes my way

Well it’s been two days, and so far I don’t feel any different.  I am not sure how I thought I was going to feel.  Not to say I don’t care, or it doesn’t matter, but maybe it’s just one of those, out of sight out of mind, things.  I do say it makes me feel a little older.  Well older might not be what it is, but definitely more grown up?

I am not one of those people who put a lot thought into how old I am, but I do know that there is a lot of growing up to do.  I do many things that you are supposed to do at my age.  I have a solid job that many would be proud to stay with their whole lives.  I have a 401k and a Roth IRA.  I invest in stocks, and have the right amount saved as emergency funds.  I also have a new car that I should be able to keep for 8-10 years. 

All this is put into perspective when a child comes into their lives.  The thing is, it’s not my child, and children are not for me.  I’m not that grown up yet, and don’t want to be forced into that, nowhere near ready for that.  It’s my sister, she had our mother’s first grandson, and so you understand my hesitation and mixed emotions. 

I guess I will have to wait to see what happens when I meet the little guy, but the more I think about it, the more I get a little excited about it.  Being an uncle is something I might have to get used to, or maybe things won’t change much.

No comments:

Post a Comment